When we are busy in our daily life, sometimes it is easier and quicker to make some homemade food like Hamburger Helper pasta recipe. We can order food from outside, but that’s not a healthy practice. But when there is this easy to make recipe is in front why order from outside? It won’t take a much longer time for you to make it and relish it. The ingredients are also very common and probably available right now.
When I make this dish, my two kids come running from school to dig in. Thank god that these are tasty, easy to make, and satisfying for all after a hectic schedule. It’s not something to fancy. It’s a simple dish that heals the soul for sure.
Confessing A Truth About Hamburger Helper Pasta
When I was in my growing years, I NEVER heard about Hamburger Helper. Shocked? My friends were also shocked, but one of my friends first made it at her home when we went to her house for a sleepover. It really blew my mind. You might be thinking that I am over exaggerating. But if I had eaten it from childhood, I probably won’t be so happy to taste it. Whenever I feel like I need some comfort food, I make it and enjoy the simplicity of the flavor yet the richness.
Making From Scratch
We love to eat with relaxation and what is more relaxing than a warm hamburger helper recipe made from scratch. Yes made from scratch. We are not using any boxed mix. Box mix may save some time, but it’s nothing compared to the one made from scratch.
Homemade Hamburger Helper In One Pot
This homemade Hamburger Helper just using a one pot is a classic dish like the Cheeseburger Macaroni. And everyone loves both of these dishes. The rich, cheesy delight brings comfort to your soul when you become lost in its taste. You will love this homemade version a lot. Try it out.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
– Ground beef, 1 pound
– Ketchup, 1 tablespoon
– Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon
– Hot sauce, 1 teaspoon, (optional)
– Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
– Onion powder, 1 teaspoon
– Pepper, a ½ teaspoon
– Salt, a ½ teaspoon
– Seasoned salt, a ½ teaspoon
– Macaroni, 1 and ½ cups
– Broth, 3 and ½ cups
– Sour cream, ½ cup
– Cheddar cheese, shredded, 2 cups
• Cook the minced beef in a skillet over the medium-high heat. Cook it until it is no longer pink. Drain the excess water and grease the pan. Add the meat again to the pan.
• Reduce the flame to low and start to add mustard, ketchup, seasonings, hot sauce, broth and finally the macaroni into the pan. Stir the mixture to combine.
• Cover the pan. Let it simmer for at least 12-15 minutes until the macaroni is thoroughly cooked.
• Put the pan away from flame and pour the sour cream in. Again put the pan over the hot burner. Add the cheese and stir until thoroughly blended with the pasta and beef.